Located just off Historic Route 1 is Ferry Farm, Virginia, the boyhood home of George Washington. Ferry Farm inspired the fable about George cutting down his father's cherry tree and is the spot where George threw a stone (or was it a silver dollar?) across the Rappahannock River.
Route 1 in the News
Route 1 buzz is catching on. Check out what the media has been saying.
- On U.S. 1, Localities Must Come Together,
Richmond Times-Dispatch, October 8, 2010Read More
- A Historic Road Seeks Tourism Business,
Progress-index.com, June 10, 2010Read More
- Group promotes historic Route 1 with improvements, new website,
Progress-index.com, May 12, 2010Read More
- Historic Route 1 project launched in Chesterfield,
Richmond Times-Dispatch, May 12, 2010Read More
- Historic Route 1 to undergo streetscape makeover,
NBC12.com, May 11, 2010Read More